The Importance of Managed WordPress Updates
WordPress updates are an important part of ensuring your business website is at optimal technological and security levels.
There are three main types of updates:
- WordPress Core: The "engine" that keeps everything on the website working. These updates are mainly to improve performance and provide additional security measures.
- Themes: The "wallpaper" of the site.
- Plugins: The "moving parts" that keep the website working.
Managing these updates can be a complex task, particularly if you want to ensure they don't bring your site down.
We will test the plugins on an exact replica of your site before installing it. If there is an error, we will determine the cause and work towards fixing it before installing it on your website.
0%of WordPress websites are NOT up to date.
0%of hacked WordPress sites are not updated.
0x per weekhow often we will check your website for updates (and update it if necessary).
We perform updates during the hours when there won't be much traffic to your website. A key focus is to make sure there is no impact to the website while it is being updated.
- Hmmm, interesting question. We will need to review your website to see how many plugins and themes. There may be additional fees if there are more than 30 plugins to manage (it really depends).
- We will review all plugins and themes and let you know if any of them could create an issue. Reputable premium and theme providers send notifications when an update is required.
- While the website still may work without updates, keep in mind it will be vulnerable to hacker attacks and be much more susceptible to crashing.
- Our general recommendation would be to delete plugins and themes that are not used, since that could slow down your business website's performance.